What is the ground wire?
GND, in the context of electronics, is the reference point for all signals or a common path in an electrical circuit where all of the voltages can be measured from. This is also called the common drain since the voltage measurement along it is zero.
Ground could also refer to the earth ground, literally connecting electrical equipment to the ground to prevent user contact with high voltages.
Why need to connect the ground wire?
The working principle of laser equipment is to convert electrical energy into light energy. During the conversion process, if the ground wire is not connected, the following problems may occur:
1. The equipment shell is electrified, endangering personal safety;
2. Generate strong static electricity and damage the electrical components, such as galvanometers, boards, etc.;
3. Generate strong electromagnetic interference,causing various problems such as unstable light output of the equipment and different beam thicknesses.
The grounding wire can effectively ensure personal safety, reduce interference, and realize safe operation and production of the machine.
The correct method of grounding wire
1. Prepare working tools: multimeter and wrench.
2. When the work area meets the safe wiring arrangement, connect the external PE wire of the laser equipment to the ground wire of the power supply, and confirm that the wiring is tightly connected and standardized.
3. Since the equipment shell has a certain impedance to the ground wire, after the ground wire is connected, you need to use the multimeter to measure the resistance value between the equipment shell and the power ground wire. If the value is less than 1Ωm, it is qualified; if the value exceeds the standard, can judge the ground wire is not connected well and needs to be reconnected.
4. Confirm that there is no abnormality in the troubleshooting test, and the ground connection is completed.
Safe operation is the primary condition in the field of industrial processing. Mactron adheres to rigorous and standardized production standards. Each machine has the label indicating the location of the ground wire, power supply and other ports, which effectively guides the operator to be familiar with the equipment situation and realize safe operation.
If you are still in doubt during the use of the machine, you can leave a message or call +86-769-26384404, we will be happy to help you!